Friday, July 8, 2016

How Cell Phone Monitoring Software Saved My Sanity

The modern world is super stressful, let’s not kid ourselves. I have two boys, I’m a single mom, and I’m always having to worry about what my boys are going to get into next. It’s hard enough worrying about your child when you don’t also have technology to worry about.

And don’t think I’m a luddite. I love technology. I have a smart phone, a tablet, a Mac, and my boys have an Xbox. But there’s no denying that the Internet can sometimes be a scary, dangerous place, especially when your children are under the age of 18. My eldest boy is 11. My youngest is 8. Installing cell phone monitoring software on their phones and tablets was actually the best thing I ever did. Here’s how it’s saved my sanity.

I Never Have to Guess What My Kids Are Up To

One of the most anxiety inducing parts of parenting has to be wondering just what your kids are up to. When my kids were younger, you always wondered what they were doing in their rooms when they got quiet (it usually involved them trying to paint their walls with the water color set they got from grandma for Christmas and roping the cat into their schemes). As they get older, you know you can usually leave them alone for a while at home but that anxiety is still there, especially as they start testing the limits of the world around them.

I’m a school counselor. I know what kinds of troubles kids get up to these days. And that’s why I was quick to jump on the cell phone monitoring bandwagon. I had heard horror stories- gangs roaming around for young recruits in my area. Drugs being passed around the school district. Attempted kidnappings. I want my boys to feel independent but at the same time, I also want to make sure I can do what I can to protect them from the dangers of the world around them.

And like I said earlier, I’m a single mom. I don’t have another pair of eyes in the house to mind my kids beyond, sometimes, the babysitter, my sister, or my parents when I need someone to watch the kids. But I don’t have a spouse living with me who knows my boys as well as I do.

"How to see someones text messages?" Cell phone monitoring software helps me fill that gap. I can keep tabs on my 11-year-old without being intrusive. He might be young but I gave him his own smart phone so I could make sure he had an easy way to communicate with me when he was out of school or if he’s out with his friends.

"How to see text messages?" Cell phone monitoring software allows me to make sure he’s using his phone safely and securely. I never have to worry about whether or not my 11-year-old is running amok or downloading inappropriate apps. So learning how to see texts from another phone, I can make sure he’s texting and calling his friends responsibly and he’s not out doing anything I have to worry about.

When my eight-year-old gets older, I fully plan on giving him his own cell phone so I can install monitoring software. Even though my kids, so far, haven’t done anything dangerous or questionable yet, I thank the developers of cell phone monitoring software for helping me keep an eye on my kids. I don’t know what I would do without it.


Worried about what your kids are up to? I recommend you give it a shot. You never know what you’ll save your kids from when you have an eye in the sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment